The Training Instructor will have in-depth knowledge on developing and conducting technical training courses on one or more short courses in a technical trade or craft such as electricity or electronics and maintains credentials to meet local, state, and federal specialized certification requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position).
* Assist management in the planning and executing of the training program meeting all established goals and objectives.
* Ability to provide instruction on assigned topics in accordance with approved curriculum effectively utilizing all allotted time.
* Current proficiency in instructional techniques incorporating examples in the teaching process based on real world examples of applications related to the subject matter utilizing instructor’s personal experience.
* Works with subject matter experts to develop and revise curriculum to ensure accurate content and format.
Knowledge in developing instructional aides (such as handouts, reference materials, or audio/visual supports) for courses assigned. Ability in creating teaching outlines in accordance with established guidelines.
* Makes recommendations to management on course improvement and customer training needs based on reviewing and analyzing student course evaluations and incorporating the latest concepts in the various training medias.
* In-depth knowledge of the training curriculum to ensure compliance with existing laws, regulations, policy and guidelines.
* Accurately maintains records and statistical information on employee training.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* Undergraduate degree preferred in the related field from an accredited educational institution and/or at least 3 years of specialized experience or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Microsoft Office Products with strong emphasis Word, Excel and SharePoint
* Strong research, writing, analytical, and presentation development skills
* Oral and written communications skills
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
* Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently walk, use hands to handle small objects, and reach for objects around the work room. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities require looking at small objects at close range.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electronics: 3 years